Hoover's API Forums

Ask a Question

RSS Feed

Login Failed

• lock
    • Topic created 6 years ago

I downloaded the Updated for Version 3.4 > .Net Sample, and did everything according to the readme.txt. Open the sample code in VS2008 as a web site project. When I build the project , It went into some error like : ' could not find file hooversAPI1.wsdl', then I tried to update the web service , it came to another error: there was an error downloading 'http://;vps-126.hoovers.com:8080/HooversAPI-trunk/hooversAPI/hooversAPI.wsdl.
    So, I configure the Reference.svcmap, changed the address to " http://hapi-dev.hoovers.com/HooversAPI-34/hooversAPI/hooversAPI.wsdl " , I also changed the ' HooversAPItrunkClient' to ' HooversAPI34Client ', and it build success. After that , I added two elements in web.config : <add key="username" value="xxxxx"/> <add key="password" value="xxxxx"/>, and set the API_KEY value with which I got from Hoover. And, I run the site, It turns to the error: "login failed", I don't know how this happen, would you help me about this? thanks.

Message edited by lock 6 years ago

1. Green6 years ago

After setting the username and password as "' , it still goes wrong.

2. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Lock and Green,

Unfortunately, the Hoover's API protected methods are only available for our Production users. If you are currently on the Production environment, trying to log in, I would suggest getting in contact with your Account Manager.

Additionally, if you are attempting to use a non-protected method and passing in either valid credentials or empty credentials, the call will fail. If this is the case, do not pass anything except for the call and the key. Having "" as the username and/or password will still result in a failed call.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough Hoover's API Support

3. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Additionally, REST calls require a username/password to be successful. Again, please get in contact with your Account Manager to obtain this.

4. sunil dooda6 years ago

Hi, I am trying to perform a REST API call. FindCompanyByKeyword from Salesforce. I am using the login user name, password which i used to login to Hoovers site. and the API KEY given by hoovers.

However i am not able to get the API call working. I am getting the "Login Failed" error. Status=Internal Server Error, StatusCode=500

Below i have added my Class. Please suggest.

public with sharing class HttpCallout_CLS { @Future(callout=true) public static void sendRequest(){

String API_KEY = 'XXX';
    String username = 'XXXX';
    String password = 'XXXX';

String env;
    env =  '<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sch="http://applications.dnb.com/webservice/schema/">'+
             '<soapenv:Header>'+
                 '<sch:password>XXXX</sch:password>'+
                 '<sch:username>XXXX</sch:username>'+
                '<sch:API-KEY>XXXX</sch:API-KEY>'+
             '</soapenv:Header>'+
             '<soapenv:Body>'+
               '<sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>'+
                 '<sch:sortDirection>Ascending</sch:sortDirection>'+
                 '<sch:keyword>Hoovers</sch:keyword>'+
                 '<sch:searchBy>Hoovers</sch:searchBy>'+
                 '<sch:returnSearchNavigation>false</sch:returnSearchNavigation>'+
                 '<sch:orderBy xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>'+
                 '<sch:searchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:employeeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:employeeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:ownershipTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:ownershipTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:locationTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:locationTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:salesSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:salesSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:locationSearchNavigation>'+
                     '<sch:countryNavigation>'+
                       '<sch:countryNavigationValue></sch:countryNavigationValue>'+
                       '<sch:stateNavigation>'+
                        '<sch:stateNavigationValue></sch:stateNavigationValue>'+
                        '<sch:cityNavigation>'+
                          '<sch:cityNavigationValue></sch:cityNavigationValue>'+
                        '</sch:cityNavigation>'+
                      '</sch:stateNavigation>'+
                    '</sch:countryNavigation>'+
                  '</sch:locationSearchNavigation>'+
                  '<sch:industrySearchNavigation>'+
                  '</sch:industrySearchNavigation>'+
                '</sch:searchNavigation>'+
              '</sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>'+
            '</soapenv:Body>'+
          '</soapenv:Envelope>';

Http h = new Http(); HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); req.setEndpoint('http://hapi-dev.hoovers.com/HooversAPI-34'); req.setMethod('POST'); req.setBody(env); req.setTimeout(25000);

Blob headerValue = Blob.valueOf(API_KEY+ ' ' + username + ' ' + password );

String authorizationHeader = 'BASIC ' + EncodingUtil.base64Encode(headerValue);
    req.setHeader('content-type', 'text/XML');

req.setHeader('Content-Length','1024');

req.setHeader('Host','www.hoovers.com');

req.setHeader('Connection','keep-alive');

req.setHeader('Authorization',authorizationHeader);

HTTPResponse res = new HttpResponse();
    res = h.send(req);
     System.debug('Output from Hoovers ::' + res.getBody());
    }

}

5. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Sunil,

With a request such as this, I would suggest emailing your code to apisupport@hoovers.com, without redacting the username/password/API key. The API Support team will need to work with you to make sure the username you are attempting is valid.

Thank you.

6. DAVID HAFLEY6 years ago

How do I get a username/password for my application? A previous post in this thread suggests contacting my account manager...but I do not have an account manager. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I've tried using the examples with my username/password for this website but that also failed.

7. MSYarbrough6 years ago

David,

If you were to get in contact with a member of our Sales team at 1-800-486-8666, they would be able to assist with setting up a set of Production Credentials.

Please let me know if you have nay questions.

8. DAVID HAFLEY6 years ago

Hey Michael-Scott,

I'm just trying to test in development. Do I still need to call the Sales team?

Thanks, David

9. MSYarbrough6 years ago

David,

Yes, they would be the ones who can set up those credentials on both the Development and Production environments.

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough

10. richatickoo6 years ago

Hi David

i am facing the same issue of invalid username/password. Could you please tell me how was the issue reolsved in you case?

thanks Richa

[ Page 1 of 1 ]

This topic is locked and new posts are not allowed