• Nagle
    • Topic created 6 years ago

The Hoovers test server just went down. It's returning

HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

at login. It was up earlier today.

Message edited by Nagle 6 years ago

1. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Nagle,

I just attempted a call on Developer 3.4 SOAP, and was able to get a response, so it does not appear to currently be down.

Which platform were you attempting access?

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough

2. Nagle6 years ago

OK, it's back up now. It was down for about 10 minutes.

3. Nagle6 years ago

Down again (HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error), then back up. This is the v3.4 SOAP interface on the developer server.

I'm running a regression test which tries about 25 business queries, and it hasn't yet run today without hitting at least one "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" connecting to Hoovers.

Check for something like one failed server in a cluster and a load balancer that hasn't noticed.

4. Nagle6 years ago

It's still broken. About 1 try in 10 gets a "500 Internal Server Error".

5. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Nagle,

I have gone ahead and let the appropriate people know about this. They will begin investigating shortly.

Thank you for letting us know about this.

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough

6. Nagle6 years ago

It's intermittent. I've put extensive retry into our client program, and I get logs like this:

[Thread-42] Starting Hoovers lookup of "verisign.com".

[Thread-42] Hoovers request "AdvancedCompanySearch" rejected, error (504, u'Gateway Timeout')

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 1 in 0.5 seconds

[Thread-42] Hoovers request "AdvancedCompanySearch" rejected, error (504, u'Gateway Timeout')

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 2 in 0.8 seconds

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 3 in 1.1 seconds

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 4 in 1.7 seconds

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 5 in 2.5 seconds

[Thread-42] Error (504, u'Gateway Timeout') connecting to Hoovers. Retry 6 in 3.8 seconds

[Thread-42] Hoovers request: <suds.client.Method instance at 0x0452DAA8>((bal){ [Thread-42] maxRecords = 20 [Thread-42] hitOffset = None

... So we had to try 8 times before the request succeeded. We increase the retry wait between tries so as not to overload the server.

With retry and exponential backoff, we were finally able to run our regression test to completion again. Until this week, we never had Hoovers fail rates like this.

7. MSYarbrough6 years ago

Nagle,

I've passed your data on to my Support team for investigation. It should help them figure out what may be going on. Thanks for the info!

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough

[ Page 1 of 1 ]

This topic is locked and new posts are not allowed