Hoover's API Forums

Ask a Question

RSS Feed

Development API

1. I have issued a GetCompanyDetail request using the apiKey that I was given. The call is made successfully but the response contains scrambled XML, so does not de serialize properly, For instance :

UniqueID = 10483000000000 results in "Error deserializing body of reply message" Is this because I have only a development key and if so is there a list of Companies, Id's that I can test my application against.

Thank You

Message edited by msippitt 5 years ago

2. BJL5 years ago

The development API was working fine yesterday for me, now when I came in this morning all the text in the xml is scrambled. Is anything wrong with my key or the API today?

3. MSYarbrough5 years ago

To protect our data, we have started changing Development-level API keys to provide scrambled data. Production-level keys, however, will not pull information such as this.

Please let me know if you have nay questions.

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough Hoover's API Support

4. BJL5 years ago

We are currently evaluating the product and creating a proof of concept for some of our business users to show what we can do with Hoovers. This is difficult to do with scrambled data especially since my code is now breaking everywhere due to the scrambling...

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation 'GetCompanyDetail'. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1720). ---> System.FormatException: The string 'eslafPac' is not a valid Boolean value...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5. MSYarbrough5 years ago

BJL,

If you currently have an Account Manager with Hoover's, I would suggest speaking to them regarding obtaining a temporary Production-level key. If you do not have an administrator, a member of our sales team would be able to assist at the following number.

1-800-486-8666

-Michael-Scott Yarbrough

6. magardner5 years ago

Hi,

I think that it is a bit off to change the data types of the values being returned in the boolean and integer fields. This will break a lot of systems that are tightly bound to the WSDL. For example the countryId field can now contain values such as '31 26' which generates an exception when cast to an integer.

Is there no way to scramble the data without invalidating the data types expressed in the WSDL?

Thanks

Martin

[ Page 1 of 1 ]

This topic is locked and new posts are not allowed