Hoover's API Forums

Introducing...You!

RSS Feed

windows client tool to test webservices

1. We find this windows .net based tool handy to perform ad-hoc calls to webservices.

http://www.codeplex.com/WebserviceStudio

Fill in the wsdl, then Get. To fill in your api key, open headers, then apikey and set the IsNull attribute to false, then fill in the value for String_text_0 in String Text.

Message edited by Bill Sabey 8 years ago

2. MinitabDev8 years ago

Thanks for this post. I get the following Messages after clicking Get:

Initializing
    Generating WSDL
    Generating Proxy
    System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[] str)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
    at WebServiceStudio.Wsdl.CollectIncludes(XmlSchema schema, Hashtable includeSchemas)
    at WebServiceStudio.Wsdl.Generate()

Any ideas what may be causing this? The WSDL Endpoint used is:
    http://hapi-dev.hoovers.com/axis2/services/HooversAPI-1810?wsdl

3. Elliot8 years ago

We validate that our WSDL works with wsdl.exe from .NET 2.0+ and also can be imported as a web reference, so I don't know what issue that tool is having. If it doesn't give you any additional details, I am not sure how we can help unfortunately. Do you get any details on what the illegal character is?

Elliot

4. MinitabDev8 years ago

Hi Elliot,
    No other details are provided beyond the error output I provided. I abandoned using the app. I tried contacting the developer of the app with no response.
    Thanks,
    Matt

[ Page 1 of 1 ]

This topic is locked and new posts are not allowed