Hoover's API Forums

Report a bug or request a feature

RSS Feed

Add Return Postal Code to Company Search

• TehNrd
    • Topic created 7 years ago

Does anyone else think it is a bit absurd that AdvancedCompanySearch and FindCompanyByKeyWord both return Street Address, City, State, Country, and Phone but NOT PostalCode?!? What this crazy?

I have to do a completely separate API call to get postal code? That's just silly.

Message edited by TehNrd 7 years ago

1. stephen7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. We always appreciate comments and suggestions from customers that help make our products better. With the API search operations, there has always been a balance between the quickness of response and the data provided, however, this should be a part of the standard search responses.

This is slated to be changed in our release in Q1 of 2011. The exact date of this release has yet to be determined. We will make announcement on this forum when ready.

Thanks,

Stephen

2. TehNrd7 years ago

Excellent! I completely understand the need to balance performance but zip code was the only piece missing from retrieving a full and complete address in one call. From a user perspective it is actually slower because you have to make two calls. Adding zip may actually reduce number of calls to your service and at the same type provide a more responsive experience to the user.

To provide some more back story we may be using AdvancedCompanySearch to assist with creation of accounts in our CRM (salesforce.com) system. I have basically needed to recreate the new account functionality from D&B360 because it is missing some basic features (http://dnb360ideas.force.com/ideaView?id=087A0000000Cyur&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D09aA0000000OKvm )

- Doesn't support record types
    - Doesn't support overriding standard New Account button
    - Doesn't support retURL support

3. TehNrd7 years ago

Hi Stephen,

Is this still on target for a Q1 release? Might seem like a small thing but it's quite important to us.

Thanks,
    Jason

4. stephen7 years ago

Hi Jason,

I've confirmed that this will be in our Q2 release. The exact date is still TBD, but I we're shooting for end of May or early June. We should have that nailed down in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Stephen

[ Page 1 of 1 ]

This topic is locked and new posts are not allowed