Hoover’s API Terms and Conditions
Hoover's grants to User a non-exclusive, non-transferable license ("License") to use and display the Hoover's API and data accessed through the API, for the sole purpose of testing User's application, and subject to the limitations contained in this Order and the Hoover's Subscription Agreement. Hoover's retains all ownership rights (including copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in the Services, in any form, and User obtains only such rights as are explicitly granted in this Order and the Hoover's Subscription Agreement.
This License is subject to the following restrictions:
- All calls to the Hoover's API must reference the API Keys (Hoover's User ID), issued to User as an approved licensee.
- User agrees to keep API Keys confidential, and not to share it with any third party. This license is personal to User, and any affiliates must seek and obtain their own license and API Keys.
- User is limited to one development and one production API Key per person.
- Information contained in the API is for internal, development use only, for the purpose of testing User's application during the initial phase of development, and User shall not repurpose, sell, distribute, or post any of the Information received in the API.
The API is the proprietary, copyrighted works of Hoover's. User will not commit or permit any act or omission that would contest or impair Hoover's proprietary and intellectual property rights in the API or that would cause the API to infringe the proprietary or intellectual property rights of a third party. User will reproduce Hoover's copyright and proprietary rights legend on all copies of the API.
Biographies provided in the Information are derived from several sources, and Hoover's is required to attribute the source of each biography. Accordingly, Company acknowledges that Company and its End Users are required to retain the source attribution for any biography that is reproduced or displayed.
User shall not perform or permit storage of Hoover's data using the API unless it has received Hoover's prior written approval. Hoover's reserves the right to limit the volume of inquiries placed at any time.
User will not attempt to modify or reverse engineer, or otherwise derive the source code of the API.
Hoover's reserves the right to restrict or deny User's access to the Hoover's API development environment at any time.
Hoover's acceptance of User's Order for API Application Testing does not obligate either party to execute a subsequent agreement for API Production.
- The Developers Forum will be monitored by business and technical support personnel during regular business hours for questions, suggestions and issue reporting.
- All communication regarding scheduled outages, maintenance windows, known issues, fixes, changes and updates to the API will be posted in the Announcements Forum.
- User is responsible to support all end users of the application utilizing the Hoover's API. The forum is designed for developers only.
Additional terms and conditions are contained in the Hoover’s Subscription Agreement found at: http://premium.hoovers.com/global/corp/index.xhtml?pageid=10545.